Asphalt Shingle Roofing Video
In this video, JB Benna discusses the most popular choice for roofing materials--asphalt shingles. For both homeowners and construction workers alike, asphalt shingles provide several key benefits above other types of roofing materials.
Economically Friendly and Durable
One of the most popular benefits of asphalt shingles is cost. Prices for the most economically-friendly asphalt shingles range from $50 per 10 foot-by-10 foot square to $175 for the premium 10 foot-by-10 foot squares. Other benefits include:
- Variety. Asphalt shingles also come in colors, textures and architectural shapes
- Versatility. Great for steep-sloped roofs
- Low maintenance. Require virtually no maintenance
Material Life Expectancy and Weather
As Benna says, asphalt shingles can be seen on houses all over the United States, no matter the climate or weather. Some key appealing characteristics to using asphalt shingles include:
- Durability. Asphalt shingles are durable and can withstand a variety of weather--from hot and dry to cold and wet. However, depending on the type of climate in which you live, what makes asphalt shingles durable can also affect their life expectancy. If you live in a warmer climate such as Southern Nevada or in Arizona, asphalt shingles may not last as long as in a more moderate climate.
- Life expectancy. As roofing materials go, asphalt shingles normally can last 20 to 50 years. Price--whether premium or economically friendly--and grade--asphalt shingles come in several grades to choose from--may further determine their life expectancy.
- Ease of installation. Because an asphalt roof is relatively easy to install, you may save on installation costs.
Asphalt shingles still remain the most popular roofing material for homeowners across the United States, as they are considered "aesthetic and practical," as Benna points out.
Find Local Asphalt Shingle Roofing Contractors
Get the help you need by talking to a reliable, local roofer. We offer free, no-obligation roofing price estimates on all asphalt shingle roofing projects
Enter your zip code to begin your search:
Shingle Roof Cost
Roofing Price Calculator
Shingle Roofing Library
Shingle Roofs - Articles & Tips
Metal roofs have become a popular alternative to traditional roofing materials. This is due to the fact that metal is lightweight, maintenance-free, fireproof, energy efficient, durable, and can be manufactured to give virtually any look conceivable. Furthermore, metal roofs have a life expectancy of over 30 years and houses with metal roofs may receive a discount on the homeowner's (fire) insurance.
▪ read entire article
Are you a licensed and insured roofing contractor?
Get locally targeted roofing jobs from homeowners nationwide. Learn about targeted local advertising for Roofers