There are many things to consider when roofing or reroofing your house. You'll want to explore your options with choosing an appropriate roofer for the job, deciding on materials, and of course everything along the way. We have provided our users with a Roofing Library to educate themselves on the many aspects of roofing.
- 4 Great Reasons to Go Green on Your Roof
- Collecting Rainwater from Your Roof
- Green Roof Conversions
- Green Roofing Makes Beautiful Dollars and Sense
- Green Roofing Trends Across the U.S.
- Is It Time to Install Solar Panels?
- Reflective Roof Shingles
- Top 10 Green Roofs in the US
- Cedar Shake Roofing - A Green Building Product
- How to Clean a Cedar Shake Roof
- How to Paint Cedar Shakes for Your Roof
- Your Do-It-Yourself Guide to a Cedar Shake Roof
- Wood Shake Roofing
- Find the Best Flat Roofing Contractor
- Finishing a Flat Roof
- Preparing Your Flat Roof for Tile Installation
- How To Tile A Flat Roof
- Green Flat Roofing
- 3 Ways Metal Roofs Can Save You Money
- 5 Essential Tools for Metal Roof Installation
- Are You Considering Steel Roofs?
- Can All Roof Materials Do What Metal Can?
- Clean Up Metal Roofs the Right Way
- Should You Install an Aluminum Roof?
- Strong Metal Roofs
- Three Reasons To Choose an Aluminum Roof
- 3 Reasons to Consider Asphalt Roof Shingles
- 7 Steps to Installing Asphalt Roof Shingles
- Asphalt Roof Shingles - Why They Are Popular
- How to Shingle a Roof in Five Easy Steps
- Thinking About Installing Roof Shingles?
- Tips for Installing Roof Shingles
- 3 Reasons to Choose a Slate Roof
- Is a Slate Roof a Good Investment?
- Is a Slate Roof Right for Me?
- Slate - Earth-Made Roofing Material
- Slate Roofs Pros and Cons
- Cleaning and Repairing Your Tile Roof
- Finding the Best Tile Roofing Contractor
- Guide to Tile Roofing
- Installing a Tile Roof
- Tile Roofing Cost Guide
- Tile Roofing Prices and Costs
- 5 Simple Steps to Working with Roofing Contractors
- 8 Tips to Find the Perfect Roofing Contractor
- How To Evaluate Roofing Contractor Warranties
- How to Spot Good Roofing Contractors
- Negotiating with Roofing Contractors
- Three Ways to Recognize a Top-Notch Roofing Contractor
- Roof Mold
- Leaky Roof? A First-Aid Approach To Roof Repair
- Three Reasons to Raise Your Roof
- What to Do About a Roof Leak
- Bring Back French Style with a Mansard Roof
- Practicality Can Be Hip with a Cross Hipped Roof
- The Pros and Cons of the Pyramidal Roof
- The Shed Roof is Not Just For Garden Sheds
- Traditional Saltbox Roof Style
- Why the Hipped Roof Is Hip
- The Gambrel Roof Is Uniquely American
General Roofing Topics
- 3 Signs You are Overdue for a Roof Replacement
- 4 Roof Plans That Can Make a House Distinct
- Government Incentives for New Roofing are Available
- Roofing Disasters - What to do When the Roof Caves in
- What Will Your Roof Replacement Cost?
- Roofing Materials
- Roofing vs. Reroofing
- Roof Slope
- Roofing Terminology
Find Local Roofing Contractors
Get the help you need by talking to a reliable, local roofer. We offer free, no-obligation roofing price estimates on all roofing projects
Enter your zip code to begin your search:
Roofing Price Calculator
Latest Roofing Articles
Roofing Articles & Tips
Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used roofing material in North America mainly because they are economical and versatile, work well on steep-sloped roofs, are sunlight and weather resistant, require little-to-no maintenance and are reasonably priced. In addition, asphalt shingles are also easy to cut, fasten, and fit, as well as being compatible with many different kinds of flashing and edging products.
▪ read entire article
Are you a licensed and insured roofing contractor?
Get locally targeted roofing jobs from homeowners nationwide. Learn about targeted local advertising for Roofers