Hiring Roofing Contractors
Roofing contractors provide service to the outside of your house and come prepared to experience any outside elements. Generally, contractors that are working on the outside of your house, stay on the outside of your house. It is not your responsibility to offer them indoor facilities, unless however, you want to. Bottom line, when certain contractors are working outside, the contractor etiquette is not as clear.
Below is a simple guideline to follow when it comes to working with roofing contractors.
- Roofers will be working outside, so do not think that you need to offer your roofer the use of your restroom, water, or any tools. These things are not part of your contract.
- You have two important roles: supplying the roof and paying for the bill. Nothing else is expected from you.
- Feel free to go above and beyond the call of duty. If you are going to be home while your roof is being installed then consider offering your roofers some water and access to your bathroom. If it’s a hot day outside, guide them to a shady spot in your yard.
- Typically, roofers will have the old roof off and the new one on in a day. This means you will only have to worry about your roofers for 24 hours.
- It is in your best interest leave the roofers alone and to get out of their way as much as possible to ensure that they are working fast and efficiently.
- Keep in mind, if you provide use of your bathroom, you may help to speed up their day because they won't have to drive to find a restroom.
- On hot days you may want to offer the roofers some cool water, simply to be a good client. Plus, the more hydrated they are, the better they will work, and the faster they will be out of your way.
- If you are still unsure how to treat your roofing contractors, then don’t hesitate to ask them directly. Ask them what they expect from you and what you might do to be a good client. It never hurts to ask.
Looking For More Information About Roofing?
Roofing or re-roofing your home is a great investment. You'll want to make sure you are choosing the right roofer for your house and your budget. We offer Free Roofing Price Quotes from reliable local roofing contractors.
Find Local Roofing Contractors
Get the help you need by talking to a reliable, local roofer. We offer free, no-obligation roofing price estimates on all roofing projects
Enter your zip code to begin your search:
Roofing Price Calculator
Hiring Roofing Contractors
Tips for Working with Roofers
Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used roofing material in North America mainly because they are economical and versatile, work well on steep-sloped roofs, are sunlight and weather resistant, require little-to-no maintenance and are reasonably priced. In addition, asphalt shingles are also easy to cut, fasten, and fit, as well as being compatible with many different kinds of flashing and edging products.
▪ read entire article
Are you a licensed and insured roofing contractor?
Get locally targeted roofing jobs from homeowners nationwide. Learn about targeted local advertising for Roofers